Has anyone purchased travel insurance through a 3rd party
by Killian (2012-12-26 12:24:11)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

provider? We booked a trip to Mexico through our friends travel club and there was not an option for insurance. Since the trip is in February and you never know what you are going to get with the weather here, we are thinking about trying to find some insurance in case we have to cancel or something happens.
Any recommendations?

insuremytrip.com to compare plans. Always use them for
by Morrissey_1AB  (2012-12-26 14:08:41)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

trips abroad.

Yes, through TripMate, TravelSafe and Travel Insured
by ndgenius  (2012-12-26 12:38:35)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All of them were for travel to Jamaica and I progressively went cheaper with the insurance each time. TripMate is the one that partnered with my resort and I had to file a claim with them and it went just fine but they were the most expensive of the 3.

The final one I did was the Travel Insured - Trip Protector Lite...I called their customer service because I had a specific instance in mind that I might need to cancel for and they said it would be covered so I went with them.

Good Luck, hope you don't need to use the insurance!

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.