Those CE and Art History degrees are finally paying off
by Therockkilledme (click here to email the poster) (2012-12-26 12:17:12)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

I accepted a new position as the regional manager for the Northeast with House Spirits. How did 5 years at ND get me to this point? Hopefully by making me smart and thoughtful, but in this case, the company is partly owned by Joe Montana and his visit to Philly put me in front of their CEO.

If you live in the 21 states from NC to Maine and west to Minnesota, I'm coming to a bar near you with Aviation gin in 2013.

Thanks to all in the BR who have been so kind to me in my long journey to get a serious job. If you are in Miami, hopefully I can buy you a drink.

For those interested enough to still be reading, House Spirits is a craft distillery out of Portland Oregon. Their flagship is Aviation gin which is a floral/citrus heavy gin in the New Western Dry style made for the Aviation cocktail.

Cheers and Go Irish!

The best of luck and congratulations *
by Atticus  (2012-12-26 22:25:09)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When you come to the Twin cities...
by Mickey  (2012-12-26 16:36:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Let us know (your brother has my and Trixie's contact info).

Congrats!

Ditto that!
by Trixie  (2012-12-26 20:00:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It would be great to meet you :)

You too!
by Therockkilledme  (2012-12-26 22:01:25)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was born in Minneapolis so I'm definitely looking forward to scheduling a trip.

Shoot me an e-mail
by ndirish13 (click here to email the poster)  (2012-12-26 15:20:54)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am the craft spirits brand manager with Fedway Associates in NJ and manage your portfolio - meeting with Olga in a few weeks.

congrats! *
by cujaysfan  (2012-12-26 15:06:09)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not much on gin, but then again your job is to sell me.
by dbldomer7375  (2012-12-26 14:27:18)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And we do have a pretty good crew of Backroomigans in the Raleigh area.

Congratulations - Aviation is a great "New Western" style
by Matty96  (2012-12-26 13:32:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

gin. I assume you have met Ryan Magarian? He has been a very influential voice in the resurgance currently being seen in the Gin category (believe it or not, there have been over 140+ new gins introduced globally in the past 2 years).

Congratulations on the job - celebrate with an Aviation cocktail!

Good piece from CBS Sunday morning on the gin resurgence
by irishvol  (2012-12-26 13:58:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Congrats, rockkilledme

Good find, and a nice segment
by Matty96  (2012-12-26 14:45:43)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There is a lot of excitement going on in Gin right now - a lot of it led by guys like Magarian and Brian Ellison.

Funnily enough, I recently met Brian Ellison at a panel discussion (he is doing some very cool stuff in local/artisanal spirits) and I work with Steve Olson regularly. Both guys are very influential in the gin and cocktail world.

I have met him and am looking forward to getting to know
by Therockkilledme  (2012-12-26 13:44:18)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

him better. The whole company is about 20 people. Thanks and cheers!

Wonderful news! Congratulations. *
by Barney68  (2012-12-26 13:07:43)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Congratulations!
by HowardRoark  (2012-12-26 12:44:16)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And, as an aside, that's an awesome name for a gin.

*high five *
by GailStanwyck  (2012-12-26 12:38:16)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Congrats *
by El Kabong  (2012-12-26 12:36:00)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Congrats to you and the entire gin family. *
by Buck Mulligan  (2012-12-26 12:25:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nice *
by vitadulcedospes  (2012-12-26 22:03:04)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is why we decided to keep you around *
by wildesilas  (2012-12-26 16:58:54)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

(give yourself a check plus) *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2012-12-26 14:07:00)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

heres to you...congrats! *
by smcgrad  (2012-12-26 12:22:48)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.