Multiple schools in Mich closing due to threats
by endthecursein05 (2012-12-20 12:37:56)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

about the end of the world. An entire county (Gennesse) decided to close all of its buildings for today and tomorrow because of continued social media threats about the end of the world. There wasn't anything more specific in the article about the exact causes, but that just seems over the top. I don't know if the thinking is tied into the events last week, but it is a rather extreme step to take to cancel school for 2 days.

Evidently, there are a few other districts around me right now in lockdown over the same issues. Is this just a MI thing today, or are there similar events around the country right now?

Troll much?
by greengold  (2012-12-20 17:48:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nothing good comes from MI. Nothing. Should you need some explanation of this fact feel free to demand it.

Do you troll much?
by LocalSubAlum  (2012-12-20 18:22:39)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You do realize, don't you, that a good many posters on this board are from Michigan, myself included, so EAD.

Reason 9000 why our public schools are crap. *
by PWK2  (2012-12-20 16:43:35)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Millington(MI) Teens facing Terrorism Felonies because of it (link)
by ndgenius  (2012-12-20 16:07:52)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Different state I know
by maniactranspodriver  (2012-12-20 14:45:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But boy could I go for a Genny now!

It has a certain Genesee-qua *
by LocalSubAlum  (2012-12-20 15:52:36)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sounds like a great way to squeeze out another few days of
by dbldomer7375  (2012-12-20 13:14:39)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

vacation.

not closing
by irish tenor  (2012-12-20 13:10:21)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the school my daughter is at near indy is open, but she has had to deal with a rash of kids that are making a big deal out of this end of the world garbage. lots of drama queens and kings.

My mother works in one of those schools
by Carroll02  (2012-12-20 12:51:16)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I haven't talked to her, but Genesee county includes Flint which isn't exactly the safest place to begin with.

Nothing really gets done in the last two days before Christmas break anyway.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.