It was part of the Drawbridge hotel complex.
by IrishCavan (2012-12-20 12:10:32)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: We went there several times. I was with my parents  posted by smcchick

I went to HS with the family that owned it (not sure if they still do). They had the hotel, a number of pretty good restaurants, and then built the Oldenburg brewhaus which was modeled after a German brew house. I grew up in Ft. Mitchell, and we used to go there quite often for beers when I was home from college/after work. The brewhaus was huge and they reputedly had the world's largest beer can collection on the walls. I don't remember the food, but they later turned the place into some country bar and used to have live acts there as well. I'm not really a country fan (or what they call country music) but I saw David Allan Coe there one time. My parents still live in Ft. Mitchell and I understand that the hotel is a mess and the restaurants have pretty much gone out of business. There is a Montgomery Ribs on the property, but they might have bought that land from the Deters.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.