I thought it was OK.
by ndwineaux (2012-12-20 12:07:15)
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Dauphin Island, Alabama ??  posted by ndstlfan

I'm sure you could get a great house, but I didn't like the beach. I have been spoiled my entire life on the West Michigan beaches of Lake Michigan. So for me, the brownish water, very average beach, etc. wasn't all that great for me.

It's not houses - mostly condos, but I really like the beach in the Gulf Shores/Orange Beach area. Seemingly much cleaner, lots of stuff to do, etc. But there will be a lot more people around.

Mobile is an incredible city, with some of the friendliest folks I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. We had an fantastic experience there, while our oldest daughter taught in ACE. I've said it before - One of my favorite meals of all time is a Shrimp Po Boy, cheese grits, cole slaw, and 5 or so Yuengling on draft at The Original Oyster House on the Causeway. Giddy-up.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.