Question about rectors at ND now. I was always under
by MDDomer (2012-12-20 11:47:01)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

the impression that they were ideally supposed to be a Priest or Brother. I got my annual solicitation from Keenan Hall to donate to the Revue and noticed that the current rector, Noel Terranova, is neither. Is this a recent trend or something that has existed for a long time? I admit that I could be completely clueless about the policy.

It's an ideal.
by Rockbrig97  (2012-12-20 12:16:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They hire the best available. You may have noticed, but there are fewer and fewer priests, brothers, and sisters these days.

In particular, the women's dorms have had lay people as rectors for quite a while. I also recall Carroll having a lay rector in the late 1990s.

Thanks for the info. Guess I'm getting old and only
by MDDomer  (2012-12-20 12:20:55)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

remember my days there.

I loved my rector, Father Conyers. Great person.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.