Great video of early Beatles' concert. Ringo is great.
by odschool (2012-12-20 10:58:57)
Edited on 2012-12-20 10:59:16
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Back when they were still having fun. Before the BS set in. *
by thersh  (2012-12-20 15:48:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Exactly right *
by GraniteBayDomer  (2012-12-20 16:20:02)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Fantastic.....thanks for posting. *
by EMK64  (2012-12-20 15:19:54)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They changed the world.
by PabloFanque  (2012-12-20 13:22:26)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Their influence is still strong today. I still remember watching them on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1964. Actually, bought the DVD a few years ago. Frank Gorshin (the Riddler) was also on the show. To think they went from Love Me Do to Revolver and Sergeant Pepper in 4 years is unbelievable. So glad my formative years were the 60's.... Magical.

The last two were the best...
by kbyrnes  (2012-12-20 12:09:52)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...Twist & Shout, and Long Tall Sally...those performances, for all their low production values, illustrate how great live music can be. This particular show reminds me of someone, maybe GH, saying about their days circa 1960-62 playing in clubs in England, the Netherlands, and Germany, that "we were really tight as a band" ...just a few years before the days of more elaborately produced studio albums, with alarm clocks, splicing two half of different takes together, etc.

And Ringo has always been the one who embraced the showmanship angle the most, I think.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.