Not errors by you...
by lbird33 (2012-12-20 10:50:18)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: It's hard to say. I make occasional errors,  posted by LocalSubAlum

I'm kind of asking "why?". I know everyone says it's the right thing to do but I'm questioning conventional wisdom.

I assume the biggest reason to do it is so you catch any major screw-up that costs you money (like the bank withdraws $1000.00 instead of $100. Or your deposit of $800 check never gets credited. Isn't that the point of it?

So I'm asking the wise back room: how many of those kind of errors do you find and at what size?

I'm pretty sure I'd notice if a $1000 or greater error was made (because I have a pretty good feel for my balance and scan my online statement each month). But I could definitely get bit if a smallish deposit wasn't credited or the like.

I'm wondering what the frequency, on average, of those kind of errors is.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.