There is 10" of new snow. Winds 30 mph, gusting to 50 mph.
by IAND75 (2012-12-20 10:27:58)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Drifting is a huge problem everywhere, but especially on rural roads. Most businesses are shut down, schools closed. The state police are advising against any travel.

But we still have women coming in for their routine screening mammograms.

0" here in Rio.
by Wooderson  (2012-12-20 11:17:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sadly, I was an idiot and forgot to tell my bank I was leaving the country, so I have about $20 and am sitting on the costliest conference call of my life trying to get my ATM card unblocked.

Even trade.

Probably just the "shrinkage" factor-- *
by Irish72  (2012-12-20 17:11:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For a city in tropics, the water sure is frio. *
by Wooderson  (2012-12-21 04:27:53)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Where is this winter wonderland taking place? *
by Tinsu  (2012-12-20 11:07:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Central to northeast Iowa. It's a mess. Primarily becasue of
by IAND75  (2012-12-20 11:27:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the winds.

6-12" of snow is just a nuisance around here. We can deal with it. But the winds of 30-50 mph are a real problem.

We're in the Quad Cities ...
by Papa Burgundy  (2012-12-20 13:56:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They closed all the schools when it was still 40 degrees and rainy.

It's pretty bad now.

The wind in the rural areas is the problem. They have pulled
by IAND75  (2012-12-20 14:18:23)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the plows off the highways around here. The drifting and visibility is too dangerous.

I am in SW subs of Chicago. Guess that's coming our
by Tinsu  (2012-12-20 13:20:19)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

way.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.