Looking for a fantastic cevice recipe. One of you must
by Blairkiel (2012-12-19 22:57:59)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Have a great one.

Thx.

I usually just order the sea urchin ceviche at Dorsia
by mintirish  (2012-12-20 09:24:25)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can't replicate it at home

Don't remember where I got this; I had a Mexican friend
by Marble Rye  (2012-12-20 03:09:35)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

give me his- I think I combined his with another one I found somewhere; have made this several times- never disappointed:

BILL’S CEVICHE

INGREDIENTS:

½ LB. SMALL SCALLOPS
½ LB. RAW SHRIMP, PEELED AND DEVEINED
½ LB. ALBACORE FILET OR STEAK, CUT IN SMALL CUBES
APPROXIMATELY 12 LIMES
2-3 LEMONS
3 TBSP OLIVE OIL
6 MEDIUM SIZE TOMATOES (ROMA PREFERRED); CHOP MEDIUM FINE
6 LARGE TOMATILLOS, CLEANED AND CHOPPED FINE
3 JALAPENO PEPPERS- CHOPPED FINE WITH SEEDS REMOVED (CLEAN HANDS THOUROUGHLY AFTERWARDS WITH LEMON JUICE- DO NOT TOUCH SENSITIVE SKIN AREAS)
FRESH CILANTRO (ABOUT ½ GOOD SIZE BUNCH, CHOPPED OR CUT WITH SCISSORS)
3 CLOVES GARLIC- CHOPPED
SALT- IF DESIRED

EXTRACT THE JUICE FROM THE LEMONS AND LIMES. PUT THE SEAFOOD IN A NON-REACTIVE BOWL (GLASS OR CERAMIC). ADD THE LEMON-LIME JUICE, ENOUGH TO COVER ALL THE SEAFOOD.. COVER AND PLACE IN REFRIGERATOR TO “COOK” (TAKES AT LEAST THREE HOURS, OVERNIGHT IS BEST). AFTER SEAFOOD HAS “COOKED”, COMBINE THE REMAINING INGREDIENTS. DRAIN OFF THE LEMON-LIME JUICE FROM THE SEAFOOD AND ADD THE SEAFOOD TO THE OTHER INGREDIENTS. MIX WELL. SERVE WITH LARGE TORTILLA CHIPS. WILL SERVE 8-10 PEOPLE.

Mine works well for me.
by BigBadBrewer  (2012-12-19 23:16:50)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With 1 or 2 avocados chopped on top, a couple finely diced roma tomatoes, triple the habanero and occasionally some spring onion. Really make sure to remove the seeds & ribbing in the habaneros. I also tend to go heavy on the fish & limes.

I eat it with tortilla chips or a fork.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.