Son got his acceptance letter today!
by IndyDave (2012-12-15 16:41:13)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

The mail today brought the sought after large envelope from Admissions. 9 years of coming up for football and other events, hoping this day would come. He is planning to major in Statistics - a major ND just added this year and he didn't find out about until the night before the Stanford game. Never saw him work so fast to get an application done. Its been a magical year with the Irish and for us it just a got a bit better. Watching the championship game with him will be even better.

A pleasant distraction for us from the events of the world - at least for awhile

Promising myself I won't think too much about the checks I will be writing for another few weeks.

Is AB Chang still there?
by Iowa Pre-Flight  (2012-12-16 04:46:03)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If so, great choice in majors by your son.

Congrats to him! *
by banshee  (2012-12-15 22:18:52)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Way to go!! *
by cj  (2012-12-15 18:37:29)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Great news! *
by 1NDGal  (2012-12-15 18:33:58)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Heartiest congrats!
by GraniteBayDomer  (2012-12-15 18:18:21)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can't imagine better news for an ND parent. You will never forget this day, nor will your son. I recently was going through old family records and my Mom (God rest her soul) had saved my acceptance letter. I promptly scanned it so that it could be backed up electronically and kept forever. Might be a good thing to do.

Go Irish! You should be quite proud. *
by Domer58  (2012-12-15 18:04:14)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hurrah! *
by irish gypsy  (2012-12-15 18:00:19)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Congratulations! What a great Christmas present! *
by ndwineaux  (2012-12-15 17:59:35)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Congrats to him! *
by The Holtz Room  (2012-12-15 17:31:50)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

now you can take back all his Christmas presents and
by jddomer  (2012-12-15 17:29:59)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

put the money towards tuition! Kidding... sort of.

Congratulations to your son and to you.

Congrats! *
by mintirish  (2012-12-15 17:13:42)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

congratulations Dave, that is awesome *
by jt  (2012-12-15 17:09:59)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

wonderful news!
by OITLinebacker  (2012-12-15 16:59:36)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Congrats to him and your family.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.