Up and at 'em - 23 more wake ups 'til THE GAME
by Domer58 (2012-12-15 07:01:33)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

which ND will win! (You read it here first)

St Jude, pray for the children and survivors.

Go Irish

Good morning from a Bloodmobile. I'm trying to counteract
by Moose84  (2013-01-23 09:01:43)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Evil.

Everyone wake up to this beautiful Christmas music!
by ArasEra  (2012-12-15 11:25:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You can thank me later:

Rottweilers always bark off key. *
by abqgant  (2012-12-15 12:55:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can't understand them. They sing in German. The only word
by ArasEra  (2012-12-15 18:00:35)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can make out is tannenbaum.

I'll see your dogs and raise you cats!
by Moff  (2012-12-15 12:04:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"A cat is a vicious seafarer, you know." - LTW *
by ArasEra  (2012-12-15 23:44:37)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Those mutts need to bone up on their vocals...
by kbyrnes  (2012-12-15 11:49:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...here's the A team:

Fantastic. I've passed it along to friends and family. *
by ArasEra  (2012-12-15 14:48:20)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm still upset my wife threw away my Slim Whitman Christmas
by SWPaDem  (2012-12-15 11:38:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

album shortly after we got married.

Like cowbell, you can never have enough steel guitar for the holidays.

For what it's worth, it's not Christmas for me until I hear the dogs barking and grandma getting run over by a reindeer.

This is how I won UR's heart.
by ArasEra  (2012-12-15 14:19:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One summer's evening I stood in the moonlight beneath her window and sang this song exactly like this.

She's never been the same since.

UR is a most discerning young lady.
by SWPaDem  (2012-12-15 14:35:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Some might consider the musical offerings of Mr. Whitman a bit too stuffy for their tastes.

Getting back to my original post...
by ArasEra  (2012-12-15 14:42:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dogs get quite excited when they hear me sing that song, too.

I'd say it's a howling success.

My old collie dog liked Slim a lot.
by SWPaDem  (2012-12-15 14:52:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But my son and daughter were intellectually nourished in the crib by the musical stylings of the world-renowned pan flutist, Zamfir.

Surely, you've encountered him in your travels.

Before the pan flute, Zamfir first played the skin flute.
by ArasEra  (2012-12-15 19:01:02)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Since we're talking about the greats, who can forget this great one?

Good morning from a Bloodmobile. I'm trying to counteract
by Moose84  (2012-12-15 11:11:15)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Evil.

Shaking off the cobwebs here with a busy day ahead.
by Aces-Up  (2012-12-15 10:55:38)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The wife and I may have been overserved last night. Something about Friday night at home when you have a kid and you've been working your ass off lately will do that. But, we're having a Christmas party tonight and have a lot to do, so first things first: off to the store for mimosa ingredients before we start baking and icing cookies, cooking, cleaning, and what have you. Hair of the dog what bit ya, they say.

Good morning Oldomer *
by IrishJoeinnc  (2012-12-15 10:30:10)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yikes. Don't wake me up, up, up, up
by Caber  (2012-12-15 09:58:00)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Go Irish!!

Still 3 more weeks to go? Ugh. The wait is killing me *
by MarnMav  (2012-12-15 09:49:48)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The house smells like bacon.
by Revue Party  (2012-12-15 09:27:20)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Which is about as perfect a non-football Saturday can get.

Good morning BR. Go Irish! Beat Purdue! *
by ndmck  (2012-12-15 09:24:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Breakfast with a friend, then off to play some tag football. *
by ND Stegs  (2012-12-15 08:54:23)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Got the flu. Chills, aches, soar throat. Back to bed *
by Troy McClure  (2012-12-15 08:44:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hopefully your throat makes a safe landing! *
by Irish Tool  (2012-12-15 10:03:39)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good cloudy Saturday morn' from God's Country...
by Harv79Pangborn  (2012-12-15 08:40:21)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

South Bend to South Beach! Go Irish, Go!

Dude. *
by PWK2  (2012-12-15 08:26:11)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

21 days until I wake up in south Florida *
by discNDav  (2012-12-15 08:22:57)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Off to play Santa's elf
by irish gypsy  (2012-12-15 08:22:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Our local ND club sponsors a Christmas party every year for needy families affiliated w one of the social service agencies in town. Toys for Tots supplies most of the gifts; we supply everything else, from food to craft supplies to Santa. We're expecting close to 900 partygoers this year, over 600 of them children.

After yesterday's horror, being around all of those happy, hyper kids will help.

You really are something else.
by cj  (2012-12-15 18:38:25)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

God bless you.

Falling in
by maniactranspodriver  (2012-12-15 08:17:40)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Glad to have a day of rest after a very hectic week. G14 being dragged out of bed, but hopefully she will be on time to meet up with her high school dance team as they have their first competition of the season today.

A few more leaves to suck up with the lawnmower today. I think after the last two weekends the running total is 51 bags.

Go Bills! Beat Seahawks! I realize the season has become meaningless and have lost faith in Chan Gailey after last week's loss.

Though there is still 1/7 to look forward to with football, the absence of the NHL season is about to really sink in.

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning, BR.
by ndwineaux  (2012-12-15 08:09:24)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Waking up with a heavy heart, for all of those in Newtown.
Busy week coming up, with mostly holiday fun on the agenda.
It's so great to have our Saint back home. We will all be together next Saturday!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Irish Forever,
Captain Wineaux
Shamrock Brigade

Good morning. Leaving for Indy soon to watch the Irish
by fwNDfan  (2012-12-15 08:05:49)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

throttle Purdue in basketball.

Last of the holiday decorating this weekend. Practice
by BacTien  (2012-12-15 07:59:10)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Irish, practice.

Present. Made it again, so top o' the mornin', y'all. *
by ProV1x  (2012-12-15 07:55:44)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good morning Brigade... *
by IrishInVa  (2012-12-15 07:42:19)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No game but lots of Notre Dame events this weekend.
by dbldomer7375  (2012-12-15 07:41:42)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Our first Notre Dame Chili extravaganza and Hesburgh lecture this evening, and then our Christmas Brunch tomorrow. Sandwiched in between these events little miss dbldomer7375 returns from Silicon Valley for vacation and Christmas with the 'rents.

Good Morning everyone. Difficult to comprehend the
by NDFlyer  (2012-12-15 07:31:50)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

motivation behind yesterday's tragedy. I like DcDrDan's post -- the coverage of this can be overwhelming, but the more you watch, the more you realize that we will never understand "why". Our family has a little too much experience with mental illness, and we still don't know the "why" with any of our family members who have acted on whatever their motivation was.

Continued prayers for the families and the community is all I think I can do right now.

26 years ago, Mrs NDFlyer and I became parents. God blessed us with a daughter who is witty, intelligent and alot of fun to be around. Our Domer (09) will celebrate her birthday running in Santacon in Manhattan. Her "official" birthday dinner is next week when our Belle comes home from Vet school. Our Greyhound is still doing well in Thailand, but getting a little homesick with the approaching holidays --- hockey helps take his mind off of it. We just hope his packages arrive in time for Christmas.

40 people coming to our house for cocktails and appetizers tonight, and I'm at work. I gotta get home before noon. Have a great weekend all!

Good morning. Already on board a flight...
by knutesteen  (2012-12-15 07:24:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Unfortunately my Dad had a ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm, emergency surgery but from all accounts obtained a good result. Thus my eearliest post ever as I head to NJ for an emergent visit. Thoughts and prayers for our world.

Late check in.....prayers for your Dad.....Godspeed! *
by So-it-goes  (2012-12-15 12:14:46)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thoughts and prayers are with your dad and you today. *
by ArasEra  (2012-12-15 11:22:46)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Godspeed. *
by Buck Mulligan  (2012-12-15 08:57:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seconded *
by Max Fischer  (2012-12-15 09:15:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thirded. My dad had a ruptured AAA in '99...
by kbyrnes  (2012-12-15 11:08:51)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...and 13+ years later, age 87, told me yesterday he'd finished wrapping his Christmas gifts (after we discussed some of the latest ND recruiting class). It was hard, when it had just happened, to believe he'd survived (the odds are indeed low); a lot of rehab time followed, and he eventually got back to a highly functional status quo.

Good luck, grace, peace, and patience be all of yours.

He's (and you) are very fortunate - I had one of those
by Domer58  (2012-12-15 07:46:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a few years ago and have learned, over time, that the survival rate is only 10%. Been told I am quite fortunate. Thank God if you feel appropriate.

Thank you all. We are quite fortunate.
by knutesteen  (2012-12-15 09:12:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm sure the severity of the situation will not truly hit me until I arrive at the hospital this afternoon. And if 58 signifies your class year, you and he would likely be the same age, though he always says he graduated from USN-the Navy-and his keen subway alumnus interest in ND football is why I attended ND as a first generation college graduate.

Tip o' the hat to you and your father.
by asr  (2012-12-15 09:59:50)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When you see him later today, thank him for his service.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.