I'm sorry but guns are not the problem.
by FarleyLyons74 (2012-12-14 21:25:15)
Edited on 2012-12-14 21:36:45
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: We are rotten.  posted by Bruno95

Did Timothy McVeigh use a gun to kill so many? Did the 9/11 terrorists use guns? An old man with no criminal intent accidentally killed a number of people some years ago in Santa Monica at a farmers market when he hit the gas pedal instead of the brake. Imagine what a deranged person in a large heavy pick up truck could do if he had a plan. The truck and the gun are just tools. The madness is in the human.

If I was a nut case intent on taking out as many people as I could for whatever reason, I could fill up my car with propane tanks rigged with a fairly simple detonator and drive my car into any number of crowded venues like the ND parking lot before a home game.

I have no problem with limiting the type of guns people can own and the capacity of the magazines. I have no problem with background checks and waiting periods. But there are millions of law abiding gun owners in this country that will never do something like this. To take away their 2nd amendment rights because someone goes crazy is wrong. And while it is treated as a cliche by the gun control crowd, it is absolute truth that if owning guns is made illegal, then only criminals will have guns.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.