Exit 10, I-84 in Connecticut, the Blue Colony Diner
by JC (2012-12-14 16:27:57)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

is an easy-on, easy-off stop for me and my family. When I head west or down to NYC for business, I find myself stopping there ... the food is reasonably good, cheap and quick, but even better, the place has a small town feel to it. It is always crowded and every time I visit, there are always those happy, "good to see you" conversations among the locals and regulars and owners. It always feels like "home" to me, even though I am a wicked outsider - just passing through.

The Blue Colony is in Newtown, CT. I am saddened and pray for those people in that community. What a horrible day.

One of my favorites
by NDColt  (2012-12-14 22:55:52)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

First thing I thought of when I heard of Newtown, CT

The Route 25 Gastro Tour.
by Wooderson  (2012-12-14 20:10:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sometime, you should head south off of I-84 and take Route 25 down to experience some excellent roadside hot dogs, ice cream stands, diners, etc. The drive is nice, and it's been profiled on TV before. It's worth looking into.

Thanks, I'll give it a try sometime. *
by JC  (2012-12-15 11:27:55)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Been there - wife's family previously lived in Newtown
by 85irish  (2012-12-14 18:16:47)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agree with your sentiments. I felt the same thing when eating there. My wife said they used to go there after church - when they lived in Newtown.

Been there a number times.
by OGerry  (2012-12-14 17:33:27)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I remember playing Centipede at the diner while my dad took a nap in his Kenworth. I think my grandfather backed into a car there once. Made them not so friendly towards truck drivers, or at least older ones that tend to rub a little here and there.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.