A few responses:
by Barrister (2012-12-14 15:40:25)
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Sure thing.  posted by Wooderson

Your first paragraph--I don't see a connection b/w Civil War re-enactments and school shootings. If you can show a link between a mass shooting and a family trip to Gettysburg, or a screening of Tora! Tora! Tora!, or a magazine or gun exposition, please do so.

Second: I don't think civics class (to the extent it's even taught anymore) plays a role either. I think the rights enshrined in the Bill of Rights are normal and pretty close to ideal in most cases. Teaching the 2nd Amendment is far different from teaching a person that murder is okay.

Third: Most of your last paragraph is just nutty, and I think even you would admit it's a bit over the top. I don't own guns, and don't plan to; but I think it's plain that the right to own a gun goes beyond some perceived right to kill people.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.