We are rotten.
by Bruno95 (2012-12-14 14:12:47)
Edited on 2012-12-14 14:54:00
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Another school shooting. Newtown, CT  posted by LondonDomer

NBC aired that VT shooter's entire taped message. It was a horrifying abuse of the freedom of the press. How many million people watched it without turning the channel? No one should be able to go out in a blaze of attention. If you kill another person and won't stick around to face justice, you should be fed to the fishes without anyone knowing your name.

We indulge monsters and crazy people and allow too much in the name of freedom. And we don't use all of this freedom to care about our families enough. I don't need to be left alone nearly as much as I need to outlive my children. And people should learn to hunt with crossbows. If you're worried about intruders, buy a mean-ass dog and a ka-bar and learn how to fight. You get a gun when you get a pair of boots and a buzz cut.

We cannot share a society with even one person who would shoot a child. The Japanese don't deal with this. They don't coddle lazy-eyed freaks like Jared Loughner, and they don't wring their hands about the right to own automatic weapons. They eat dinner together and slave over their kids' homework with them and nag and push and nag and push. They might not hug enough, but they care. They're crammed into that island like sardines, yet their murder rate is nearly nine times lower than ours.

We're self-centered, self-indulgent, mean-spirited. We're too arrogant to fear God and too cowardly to embrace Him.

This is about the third national news story I've ever even cared about -- Columbine and 9/11 being the other two. How many times have crazy people killed people minding their own business and I never gave more than a "that sucks." I don't think we were meant to care so little about each other. We're awful.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.