Camera lens rec
by Dude87 (2012-12-14 10:45:11)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Mt son has a Sony Alpha digital SLR that came with the standard lense. Any recommendations for a first upgraded lens? He will be shooting for the school newspaper and uearbook next year, but mostly likes to shoot nature.

Thanks.

Not much love here for the Sony cameras.
by dbldomer7375  (2012-12-14 13:25:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sorry about that. They make really good cameras, but for some reason they are not all that popular with the folks I know that do a lot of photography.

I don't know what the kit lens is for the Sony, but if he's shooting for the yearbook, I would try to find the zoom lens with the widest range possible. He's going to need a wide angle lens for the indoors where you just can't back up any more and then a telephoto for athletic events.

In order to do research on Sony branded as well as third party lenses, you should surf on over to the dpreview web site.

Thanks. *
by Dude87  (2012-12-14 13:58:34)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.