Early Action Decisions have been mailed
by Dude87 (2012-12-14 10:41:34)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Anyone with experience: thin envelope v. fat envelope, any distinction for Early Apps? I have been through the drill for Regular Decision: fat envelope is a tell tale sign. What about for early decision? Beside everyone in our house being uptight, there is some reason for my question. G17 is on a religious retreat through Monday, so when the letter comes my wife and I will be staring at it for a couple of days.

Generally they send out 8.5 x 11 folder.
by sirket  (2012-12-14 14:08:21)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When I opened my envelope several years ago, "Welcome Home" was printed in large print above a picture of the dome.

any news on number of applications this year?
by TAG  (2012-12-14 12:35:12)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

i imagine it is going to be off the charts

Back when I was accepted EA, I received an 8.5x11 folder
by roxie  (2012-12-14 11:38:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

filled with information, I believe. Of course, that would have been winter of 2003, so they may have changed things since then.

Ah crap you're right, mine was 02... 10 years
by Irish Tool  (2012-12-14 12:08:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I I've gots hardly anything to show for it! I didn't even finish my college scrapbook yet!

It's ok, I'm pretty sure I've already lost my diploma.
by Roxie  (2012-12-14 12:41:23)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It could be at my parents house somewhere, or stored away in a box in my basement. I've moved so many times that I can't keep track of all my stuff.

Back in Aught-Three you could read the "Congratulations!"
by Irish Tool  (2012-12-14 11:24:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Through the address window of the envelope without opening it. Envelope was full 8.5x11 size, defer /rejects were regular letter envelopes.

This is what I remember, too. *
by PamBeesly  (2012-12-14 11:56:18)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks
by Dude87  (2012-12-14 11:29:42)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Can't imagine she will be rejected, bur deferral will just extend the anxious days.

Large means accepted for EA
by Ksqdomer  (2012-12-14 11:12:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think a deferral is a small envelope and of course not accepted.

Thanks, By large, do you mean 8.5x11 or thick? *
by Dude87  (2012-12-14 11:17:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

outstanding. *
by HoltzBeWithUs  (2012-12-14 11:24:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For the first time in my life
by Dude87  (2012-12-14 11:30:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wasn't intentionally trying to be vulgarly funny.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.