We're using Peru Treks
by epmnet37 (2012-12-11 11:53:09)
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Rec for a guide company  posted by Starburns

I think recommended by someone else on this board, now that I think about it.

Questions I have, in case others would be able to weigh in:

How important is it to have boots with ankle support? I have a great pair of Merrill hiking shoes that are well-broken in, and I don't do a ton of hiking, so I'm hesitant to spend the money on another pair of shoes that I wouldn't use much, plus they'd need to be broken in as well. (Also, they'd be pretty bulky to carry around the rest of my trip.) I'll have a porter to carry most of my things, so I'll just have a day pack. I'm thinking I might just get a couple of light-weight ankle braces to use if it seems necessary when I get there. I'm not sure if that makes sense, or if I'm just being cheap and stubborn.

Also, how much of the trail involves walking right next to very steep drop-offs? I'm not terrified of heights, and it won't talk me out of going or anything, but it would be nice to know in advance so I can psych myself up for it.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.