Anyone have a Summitt Kegerator?
by steelhop (2012-12-10 20:21:13)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Do you like it. My kegerator went kaput 2 months ago and just got the go ahead to install a new one but finding reviews of any kegerator has been tough. Wanted to see what other's experience has been like.

Thinking about this one (link attached)

Does that really say $1500?
by Killian  (2012-12-10 20:36:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That better pour your beer and bring it to you.

I've had an absolute kick ass year. While doing my research
by steelhop  (2012-12-11 08:18:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There appeared a huge difference between prices. Haiers were listed at 700 for a double tap and I wanted to if there is a difference. I also think paying more up front can save you money in g the long run. IA just confirmed what I was thinking.

The difference is the front venting.
by ndroman21  (2012-12-11 11:30:49)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's the same with full size refrigerators. Built-In requires front venting, and makes them much, much more expensive.

This is (part of) the reason that Sub-Zeros are so expensive.

I'm happy with my Haier.
by TheGeneral  (2012-12-11 10:58:12)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I bought a two tap Haier (which I've since added a third tap to) a little over 5 years ago and have never had a problem. I'm not sure what you are looking for but mine is rear vented so you cannot install it like the one you have linked.

Also, I don't have any experience with the one you linked so I can't compare the two.

That's about right for a quality front venting kegerator.
by IrishApache  (2012-12-10 21:36:53)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You can save nearly $1000 by getting a rear venting, cheaper unit, but you can not install it underneath a counter.

A Summit will last forever.

The nice thing about having a Summit or a Marvel (I have a Marvel) is that if the compressor does go kaput, each company has a robust service network and a qualified repairman is never far away... One does not have to discard the kegerator for such reasons.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.