I could really use some video capturing/editing advice.
by ndtiger (2012-12-10 14:33:04)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

This is for work, and I'll preface this by saying I work for a library, so my budget is very small.

Ok, I am apparently the Library's videographer on top of my actual job, and there's a growing list of YouTube videos we want to make. Little snippets of our services, highlights of our collection, etc. Right now I am not pleased with the quality of our videos, which I attribute to old cameras (Canon Vixia HV30). I went so far as to film our latest video with my wife's GSIII.

To exacerbate the situation, my software editing choices are Adobe Premiere CS5, Windows Movie Maker, Camtasia 7 or iMovie HD 6 (running on my OS X 10.6 Mac). I hate Macs, but the Canon will only import on the Mac. It takes me hours of praying and cursing to import on iMovie, then I take my mp4s and go work in Movie Maker. Nothing plays well with anything else, and it's a giant cluster to work with 10 minutes of damn video.

So in realizing I need new 1080p cameras, I've also realized that I need to think about my software before I buy. Can anyone give me guidance on a camera/software combo that I can rely on for simple 1080p YouTube videos? Let's pretend I could get $1,000 to spend, and ideally I'd love two cameras so I could do some different angles.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.