Cal goes mod. Or how a bunch of graphic artist majors can
by IAND75 (2012-12-10 14:21:12)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

totally screw things up.

Cal has changed its logo. Clearly designed by a committee, most likely stoned at the time.

Or the committee chair's middle school kid came up with a really neat idea and no one on the committee had the courage to tell the chair it was awful.

Someone commented that it looked like a "webpage loading icon".

Kraft macaroni *is* the cheesiest *
by JPH  (2012-12-10 21:00:16)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cal: A Steven J. Cannell Production (v)
by Barrister  (2012-12-10 16:50:05)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Their nostalgia isn't as good as our nostalgia. *
by Buck Mulligan  (2012-12-10 16:32:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be. *
by ArasEra  (2012-12-10 22:52:46)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

i give them a faded "C" for nostalgia *
by cujaysfan  (2012-12-10 16:43:38)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They couldn't even finish the "C"?
by mkovac  (2012-12-10 15:46:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is a terrible change.

Let there be darkness.

Budget cuts *
by Rusty  (2012-12-10 21:06:11)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it's almost done.
by HoltzBeWithUs  (2012-12-10 16:29:02)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

just a few more seconds...

Let me go on record
by wetbird  (2012-12-10 15:32:45)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to say that I like the new logo.

I like it
by BacTien  (2012-12-10 15:09:54)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

because it does not belong to any school I support, graduated from or am associated with in any way.

Note that this is for the whole UC system.
by ndsax707  (2012-12-10 15:09:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Many people think this is the new UC Berkeley logo; it is not. That doesn't make it any less terrible.

Also note it is not "replacing" the seal
by ucdtim17  (2012-12-10 22:48:02)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

People (including the writer of that petition everyone signed) seem to be under the impression that we're tossing out the seal. This is not the case. Institutions can have a seal and a logo

It's very...80s.
by roxie  (2012-12-10 14:54:37)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Did you watch the video and see the new "Let There Be Light" text treatment? Eek. If I didn't know any better, based on that logo, I would guess that they were a bottom-tier art/design school, not a major university.

There should be the same outcry...
by Porpoiseboy  (2012-12-10 14:52:10)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

on this as there was on that Trophy they came up with for the Iowa/Iowa State game!

Interesting, the poll at the bottom says 95% prefer old logo *
by Tinsu  (2012-12-10 14:39:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They should have called Marquette before changing
by Irish Warrior  (2012-12-10 16:06:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and saved themselves a lot of money and bellyaching! Regardless of what you change FROM; students, alums, fans, etc. will ALWAYS like the "old" better!

Gold!
by Irishlawyer  (2012-12-10 17:04:32)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I, personally, voted for the Jumpin' Jesuits in 1993 which would have avoided the whole "Warriors"/"Eagles"/"Gold" fiasco in the first place.

I am still convinced that Jumpin' Jesuits won (I don't know a single MU student from back then who did not vote for it).

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.