Monkey on the lose!!
by boethius (2012-12-10 14:04:35)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

really happened...

How did they know it was a monkey and not a child?
by rgvirish  (2012-12-10 17:28:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You know...with the nice coat and all?

I'm sure two Canadians can make a child that looks that ugly.

you leave Alanis out of this! *
by HoltzBeWithUs  (2012-12-11 07:52:47)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You forgot one important element of this story
by thecontrarian (click here to email the poster)  (2012-12-10 16:00:03)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The monkey appears to be Canadian.

"My god! The monkey has come!"
by CMillar  (2012-12-10 14:41:55)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

*leaps from balcony to my death*

When I opened the link and saw
by MarnMav  (2012-12-10 14:29:50)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the little guy in its little coat I almost spit Pepsi all over my desk. Thanks for that

Your subject line kills me.
by Milhouse  (2012-12-10 14:19:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've seen people misspell "lose" as "loose" around here, and elsewhere, with some frequency. Never, however, have I seen it the other way around.

Dominant/dominate
by Son of Galway  (2012-12-10 15:08:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Contaminate/contaminant.

Lose/loose.

There are plenty more, but those are the ones that make me grind my teeth.

The past tense of "lead" is "led"...
by Mickey  (2012-12-10 16:13:42)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... but many spell it "lead" because it sounds like the the soft, toxic metal "lead" (i.e., Pb on the periodic table).

Assure/ensure. Accept/except. *
by Mark_It_Zero  (2012-12-10 15:14:23)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Adverse/averse is another one.
by Milhouse  (2012-12-10 15:11:38)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't even get me started on its/it's, their/there/they're, and you're/your. The fact that people on these boards get those wrong makes me weep for the future.

I cannot understand this.
by Cash  (2012-12-10 14:47:09)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I posit that this (to me) inexplicable spelling/grammar mistake is made more out of proportion to intelligence than perhaps any other (as opposed to, for instance, using an apostrophe in the pluralization of a word, a sure sign of fatal ignorance unquestionably accentuated by at least a decade of trailer-park life).

Cash

Hopefully they don't spank it...at least in public. *
by Stonebreaker9  (2012-12-10 14:15:59)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.