A couple things.
by Papa November (2012-12-10 13:59:00)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Well  posted by HTownND

First, I do certainly believe that how Truth manifests for you might look and feel very different than how it would manifest for me. I do not condemn organized religion nor those who belong to one. If that is how Truth is being revealed to you, wonderful. I just don't believe organized religion is a sine qua non with respect to salvation, enlightenment, self-actualization, etc. Nor do I believe Jesus' intent was to found an organized religion. But again, I do believe in the Holy Spirit, and even if Christ did not found an organized religion, there's no reason to believe it cannot be a path to God.

As for the verse you quote, I'm failing to see the connection between it and organized religion. All it means to me is that rules on Earth work exactly as the rule in Heaven. It means we can use the physical world to achieve spiritual perfection. It means miracles exist within Natural Law, not outside them. There's a lot I read in that verse, but the need to belong to an organized religion isn't part of it.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.