A book suggestion for nones and those trying to understand
by Therockkilledme (2012-12-10 12:38:16)
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: OGerry will probably call me a liberal, but  posted by Karl(1of1)

I have always been Catholic but have found myself drifting to other churches and philosophies. My favorite spiritual author just came out with a book on prayer. Fair warning, Anne Lamott is unapologetically liberal but her insights into faith and prayer are amazing and have made me a better, kinder, more prayerful person. Her new book "Help, Thanks, Wow" is about her three essential prayers and how they fit into any or no religious structure. My favorite quote is her starting place for prayer.

"If I were going to begin practicing the presence of God for the first time today, it would help to begin by admitting the three most terrible truths of our existence: that we are so ruined, and so loved, and in charge of so little."

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.