I think you have it pegged
by HTownND (2012-12-10 12:04:21)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Is "none" a lack of religiousness or just organized religion  posted by anthro_domer

You definitely aren't in a vast minority in your beliefs/opinions.

And I'm not trying to antagonize you, but it's a phenomenon that has often fascinated me.

I get people having a problem with organized religion. It can be an archaic and monolithic structure that doesn't seem to fit into modern times.

I also understand the fact that the Church, and specifically the men who run the Church (I'm substituting Catholicism for organized religion, but the points still stand), have done a host of things, including in the name of God, that are not Christian, can be viewed as hypocritical, etc.

But when it comes to individual revelation, are we as individuals not guilty of the same flaws? If not being perfect is a reason not to follow organized religion, and to go at it individually, doesn't that produce the same problems?

I guess my point/question is, don't we, as individuals, suffer from the same faults/issues that cause us to doubt the moral authority of organized religions?

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.