Is objectivity a worthy goal here?
by GreenManorite (2012-12-10 11:19:32)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: They might have the pretense of being objective.  posted by ndtim2005

This forum is only useful because it provides a variety of perspectives through which to view a question or issue. I don't want ndtim2005 to perform a logical exercise or factual report for me, I want him to employ his introspection and experience. When you completely commit to a system of beliefs while engaging others outside that system, you strengthen your own understanding of your beliefs as well as your understanding of the alternatives.

You are not likely to change anyone's mind on this board, however posters have on occasion changed my thinking. If you are frustrated because people won't reaffirm your deeply held beliefs here, realize that there are plenty of boards that will do that while claiming "objectivity".

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.