How to get hummingbird out of my garage?
by 2020 (2013-08-24 19:02:08)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

It has been flying around in there for hours staring at the ceiling
and unable to see or unwilling to look out the huge opening to
freedom that is the wide open garage door.

Tennis racket, same as with bats. *
by Lazarus  (2013-08-24 22:26:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I once killed a tennis racket with a Louisville Slugger *
by sprack  (2013-08-25 11:12:43)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I killed a bat in my sister's house several years ago
by LocalSubAlum  (2013-08-24 22:31:10)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that way. I would never do that to a hummingbird, though.

Open garage door. Stand outside.
by ArasEra  (2013-08-24 22:02:23)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hum a tune. He'll join you in a duet.

Honestly, I'd try a leafblower. Blow that wee shit out. *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2013-08-24 21:01:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Giggity_Giggity aka "Hummingbird Whisperer". *
by cj  (2013-08-25 14:12:23)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The lifesaver. Within seconds of being forced
by 2020  (2013-08-25 00:38:17)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

outside by the hurricane force wind, it was 60 feet up a tree with quite a story for his hummingbird friends.

Thanks for the idea. .

Leafblower tangent
by jmac95  (2013-08-24 22:48:26)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The hospital I worked at used Dragon voice recognition software.

I had to admit a gentleman to the hospital after his defibrillator went off for an arrhythmia while he was using a leafblower to clean his garage.

The voice recognition interpreted the ER doc's history as:

"the patient collapsed after his defibrillator went off while he was using a leafblower to clean his crotch."

That's why there is a little disclaimer at the bottom of the medical notes that states that voice recognition software was used to create the note.

#7 shot? *
by Four Pillars  (2013-08-24 20:18:10)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sugar water enema....wait....clench. *
by Inigomontoya  (2013-08-24 20:17:44)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hummingbirds can't handle ceilings
by duff1057  (2013-08-24 19:56:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Get a flashlight, close the garage door, take note of where the hummingbird is and turn off the lights. They will not fly in the dark and he will drop straight to the floor. Go pick him up and take him outside. If you have a feeder get him to it as soon as you can because he needs the food source to survive.

Remarkable...I'd have said, pick up the garage...
by Kbyrnes  (2013-08-24 22:38:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...set it down in the back yard, then when the bird flutters away, put the garage back.

Overkill
by Otis  (2013-08-25 09:27:49)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All you need to do is remove the roof. Saves wear and tear on the foundation that way.

You do have a different slant on things, don't you?
by Marble Rye  (2013-08-25 01:18:59)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well done.

Flamethrower. *
by IrishApache  (2013-08-24 19:48:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.