Check with the VA
by SgtK (2013-07-24 11:06:08)
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

  In reply to: Help for a veteran requested - Illinois agency questions  posted by nd740305

To see if you are eligible to have a home based primary care or a nurse come to the house a few times a week. Also try to work with the VA social work to see what else your father may be eligible for.

When filling out the forms, and most of them are confusing, if he is service connected for any injuries go to the Disabled American Veterans (they usually have an office in all VA hospitals), the VFW/American Legion (if he is a member) to see if they have reps who can help fill out the paperwork. The DAV in my state is fantastic and the reps know the ins-and-outs of the VA, doing paperwork, and filing claims.

Good luck.


The contents of this post represent the views of the author. is not responsible for its contents.