Eight days late (and a dollar short)
by wetbird (2013-07-23 18:53:06)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Over my morning coffee I was reading about the battle of Apache Pass which started on July 15, 1862.

Then my wife drove me to my appointed out-patient procedure in Willcox AZ and en route I realized I was only about twenty miles from Apache Pass, in fact I could see it from the road.

If you read the wiki article I've linked pay no attention to the numbers given by Cremony since most historians believe that he was prone to exaggeration.

From other reading I can tell you that the Apaches were most impressed by what they referred to as "the guns that shoot twice", referring to the mortars that fired explosive projectiles.

Very interesting reading. Thank you for the link *
by IrishJoeinnc  (2013-07-23 19:47:45)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.