Does anyone wear the Jos A Bank Traveler shirts?
by Killian (2013-07-23 15:53:18)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

The ones that were rated best overall wrinkle resistant shirts by the WSJ?

Im thinking of grabbing a few in the slim fit. Any comments on fit, fabric, or quality?

Like them...
by btownirish  (2013-07-23 17:49:11)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They will never be as crisp as a pressed shirt from the dry cleaners, but they're wearable in a professional setting without being pressed. Saves money and is good for the environment. I also wear the slim fit and like the cut.

One bit of advice (which you may already know), they always go on sale. Wait until you can get them for about $30/piece.

Nice shirts, but I tend to blow out the elbows easily *
by Stonebreaker9  (2013-07-23 17:06:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rough-hewn bars will do that. *
by LocalSubAlum  (2013-07-23 17:57:54)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I like them.
by manofdillon  (2013-07-23 16:22:53)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would note, the regular fit is quite baggy. I wear the tailored fit, and I could stand to lose 20 pounds. If you're thin (or maybe even average build), definitely get the slim fit.

I got three recently...
by ndgenius  (2013-07-23 16:04:24)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can't comment on the slim fit because, well, I haven't fit into anything slim since maybe the first couple years of college. They are very comfortable and I was very happy with the fit in my standard sizes. While I'm not a fashionista, it seems like the fabric is pretty darn good and I did pinpoint shirts and the patterns seem crisp and clear.

I had received a high-end enro(?) shirt from a top mens store in town and the fit on that was different from my other ones so I returned it and purchased 3 Jos A Bank shirts for the same price.

If you're buying online, search for a coupon code, I got even more off than their normal sales.

I like them
by closesttodome  (2013-07-23 16:01:18)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they tend to run a little trimmer than BB slim fit. but they fit me well at 6'3" 210. haven't had any issues with fraying or anything like that and have had a few for several years.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.