My nephew just got back from one that seems interesting.
by Irish tool (2013-07-23 11:55:35)
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Finding a summer camp  posted by AZDomer

It really may hit none of your criteria except for the 2 week time frame, but I thought I'd throw it out there. It's called Summer's Best 2 Weeks, and is outside Pittsburgh

My nephew is 9 and loved it, and it came highly recommended from family friends.

It's focused on having a variety of sports and allowing the kids to compete individually, in groups, and among the whole camp across all its age groups for the overall trophy.

It's also co-ed but has a heavy overarching Christian mission (founded by Presbyterians, but the counselors aren't required to be any denomination).

My nephew is a sports prodigy but is addicted to winning ruthlessly. It seems like he had a blast, but also maybe they started to get through to him to be a good sport and kind neighbor regardless of what happens... Which is impressive if it sticks.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.