Buick Enclave/GMC Acadia Rec?
by domerforlife (2013-07-23 11:25:31)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

We are looking to upgrade the family sleigh. Going to lease one of the above. Do any of my fellow NDNationers drive the enclave or acadia? thoughts?

Test drove both, but ended up with the Traverse
by ndsapper  (2013-07-23 21:13:53)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Growing family and we needed a bit more room. Really enjoy the quiet ride and the room, even with the 3rd row up. Like the remote activated lift gate, which I originally thought was a silly perk. Unloading, back into a parking spot, hit the button, kids bail out onto the sidewalk. Loading, hit the button, lift gate opens, kids hop in. Less Banged up door problems.

For what it is worth, both my wife and I thought the Acadia and Enclave were a bit better looking car. We thought all three were very similar but the Traverse was $4-5K cheaper.

Love our Acadia. 3 kids.
by nacholibre  (2013-07-23 12:34:49)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We drove both the Enclave and the Acadia. The Enclave was quieter inside and that (to us) was the only difference other than appearance. My wife didn't like the way the Enclave looked.

Have the Acadia
by vaughnspub  (2013-07-23 12:12:13)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wife loves it. Great for our two small kids. As stated, the two captains chairs in the second row are nice. I like the exterior better than the Enclave and it is a bit cheaper.

I drove both and bought the Enclave.
by Giggity_Giggity  (2013-07-23 11:57:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's a terrific car. Rudy36 loves its styling and panache.

Seriously, though, it's been great. Huge, shitty MPG, but voluminous and luxurious. Drives like a large, heavy cloud floating along the highway. The second row captain's chairs were the selling point for us.

Take a long hard look at 2013 Mazda CX-9
by nyirish08  (2013-07-23 11:51:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They are offering the $37K+ one in our area for $0 down and $199/month. That's a tough deal to walk away from for a competitor.

Second.
by gradyfan  (2013-07-23 12:46:36)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Runs well, have had no issues, and the 3rd row seat is great to get the kids around.

The enclave is such a smooth ride. Haven't been in acadia *
by ndgenius  (2013-07-23 11:27:36)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.