Springtime in the Rockies
by BeijingIrish (2024-04-18 12:03:42)

I woke up this morning to find snow on the ground. Two+ inches is forecast for Saturday.

We've also had high winds recently. On Tuesday, my flight from Dallas flew due west to Albuquerque, then turned due north to Denver. The pilot said he wanted to circle behind a front over Denver that was moving east.

Oooo...classic Gene Autry! (link)
by CoachS  (2024-04-18 16:23:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Springtime For Hitler
by PWK2  (2024-04-18 14:57:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don’t be stupid . . .
by sprack  (2024-04-18 16:11:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

be a smarty. Come and join the Nazi Party!

It is our first experience with the season here.
by IAND75  (2024-04-18 13:31:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yesterday was gorgeous. Clear, 71 deg. Today we’ve had some snow showers, but nothing accumulating. The mountains outside my front door have completely disappeared into the clouds.

The tropical storm force winds last week were impressive, but didn’t do much damage. Although my son in Louisville lost all of the food in their refrigerator as the power company shut off the power for 36 hours to prevent wildfires. About a dozen small ones started when the power was turned back on, but didn’t spread as the winds had died down.

But the 20” of very heavy wet snow we had a couple of weeks ago was the real eye opener. There was a huge amount of damage to the pine trees all around our community. Limbs down everywhere. They are still cleaning up piles of branches.

And it’ll sniw again next month and again in mid-October
by Freight Train  (2024-04-18 19:35:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No thank you.

October? We got a foot on labor day in 2020
by gozer  (2024-04-18 23:31:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think it was 95 on Saturday that weekend. Still 80 somethng Sunday. Not going to miss those stupid swings. One morning, I think it was in August, forget which year, I scraped the ice off the car to go to work. By lunch it was 103 (granted, that was 2500 feet downhill, but still...)

Wait, you moved away from Nederland? *
by TripleDomer  (2024-04-19 09:07:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Spring Colorado winds blew my boat off the mooring
by EE Trumpet  (2024-04-18 13:58:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Waves on little Horseshoe Lake in Loveland were 4' high on the Eastern shore. The chain holding my ski boat on a mooring snapped. We found the boat wedged onshore half full of mud. Got it fixed up and the prop shaft snapped pulling a skier through the course. Lost the prop but thankfully not the skier.

lots of pines in and around our property/neighborhood
by jt  (2024-04-18 13:49:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

when it snows like that, we go around and use the butt end of shovels and try and periodically knock the snow from them. We still lost a few branches, but not as bad as it's been in the past.

Wooden ball bat was my tool. Retiring in Florida works too *
by Braille  (2024-04-18 14:42:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

tough trying to get a baseball season in
by jt  (2024-04-18 12:38:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a couple of those high schools up in your neck of the woods are pretty good; Fossil Ridge is in position for the 1 seed, and Rocky and Ft Collins are pretty good as well.

We're on a hold right now to see if we can get the game in today; not currently raining and the field is turf, so we'll see.

I watch FR play all the time.
by BeijingIrish  (2024-04-18 13:14:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Their fields are on my dog-walk route. What a mystery Fossil is. Great in basketball every year, always pretty good in baseball, top-notch tennis and swimming teams. But they have never had a good football program.

my son knows quite a few players on their team
by jt  (2024-04-18 13:48:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they've played some summer games together; good kids. One of their kids is very bright and is committed to play at Harvard and is trying to get my son to consider it as well.

I believe that they had a good football team a few years ago; their qb is playing in college now up at Lindenwood with some other CO kids I know. Really nice family. I think a TE or a WR is up there with him as well.

And then 70s by Sunday.
by LondonDomer  (2024-04-18 12:24:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Classic Colorado weather.