I’ll be honest, there’s certainly an appeal there.
by usaf_irish (2024-04-16 15:30:20)
Edited on 2024-04-16 15:31:25

In reply to: And that's all I would take his comments to mean.  posted by tdiddy07

The complete and total confidence that so many seem to have in their salvation by Faith alone can be very persuasive.

I think it often spurs many people to do good works.
by tdiddy07  (2024-04-17 08:48:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At least ones that come at personal risk.

That can be the case, yes.
by usaf_irish  (2024-04-17 12:30:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’ve also see it used to justify all manner of really disgusting behavior which is justified with a simple “I’ve been saved, so it ok”.

Oh absolutely. That is definitely a risk for many. *
by tdiddy07  (2024-04-17 12:35:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It can lead to a curious dichotomy.
by usaf_irish  (2024-04-17 15:28:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’ve known men and women who will lead lives of service and good deeds while simultaneously cheating on their spouse or stealing or something else. The infidelity part was really rampant when I lived in Mississippi.

And the never saw the contradiction in their lifestyle. It was really odd.