If you missed Billy Joel's 100th MSG concert last night, you
by Boomer80 (2024-04-16 07:24:42)

have a second chance since the geniuses at CBS ended the broadcast abruptly in the middle of his finale song "Piano Man", cutting to black and cutting over to the local news. People went nuts calling the station and they have pledged to rebroadcast the whole thing Friday night. My wife and I watched the whole thing (recorded to enable skipping the massive load of commercials). What a blast it was to watch Billy & his pals putting on an incredible show. The guy is 74 yrs old and he hit the high notes. Wow. Recommend you watch the legend while he's still around!
I remember when he came to ND (1979?) - tickets started at $15 in the ACC, we all thought that was a huge gouge, LOL! Maybe it was for the times...

Saw him at the Washington Nationals ballpark with Elton
by OldIrishFan  (2024-04-16 18:44:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

John. It was the first rock show they had ever did there. Worth finding on you tube for Elton’s hissy fit when his piano foot pedal was stuck at the beginning. Billy Joel was hysterical during that part

Is he still friends with John at the bar? *
by The Holtz Room  (2024-04-16 16:59:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wouldn't say I missed it, Boom. *
by PWK2  (2024-04-16 14:24:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

re-airing Friday nite since last few min's cut out *
by discNDav  (2024-04-16 10:38:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We strictly do 80s Joel music, sir. *
by No Right Turn on Red  (2024-04-16 09:50:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

80s joel doo wop sucks! *
by jt  (2024-04-16 11:02:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hey listen here mf! We only sing '80s Joel.
by akaRonMexico  (2024-04-16 11:34:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So take your skank hooker wife and get the f' outta here!

Play something from The Stranger! *
by mocopdx  (2024-04-16 10:16:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Storm Front!
by ravenium  (2024-04-16 14:36:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hear he loves requests for "We Didn't Start the Fire"

Saw most of it
by ND8486  (2024-04-16 09:39:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Will record Friday and see the rest.
He puts on a great show.
We were at the ND stadium for his concert. Also saw him in 84 at the ACC, chanted good die young for 5 minutes before they came back for that encore.

I weep *
by ACross  (2024-04-16 09:37:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Missed it. Was watching Jets-Raiders *
by MrE  (2024-04-16 09:29:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm with you - I'd rather watch Heidi *
by Father Nieuwland  (2024-04-16 14:58:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Spring of 1979. We had floor seats. One of my friends was a
by OldIrishFan  (2024-04-16 08:51:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Huge Billy Joel fan and he convinced us to stay out all night waiting in line for tickets at the ACC. After one hour we were told to go back to our dorms and given paperwork to ensure we could purchase floor seats. He would start other people’s songs and then stop abruptly after one minute stating we don’t do that song. One song was Live and Let Die. Apparently, the powers that be told him he couldn’t play Only the Good Die Young. So he did it twice. At the conclusion of the concert, we were told “Hey South Bend, don’t take shit from anyone.” Good concert

I was there as a HS Junior. Had an admissions interview.
by Moose84  (2024-04-16 15:26:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Went to concert. Partied in Keenan basement after concert.

Floor as well for that show
by knutesteen  (2024-04-16 14:05:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I remember thinking that Liberty DeVito's drums sounded the best of any I had yet heard at an arena concert. I had my camera confiscated by security after sneaking it in to the show. "Live and Let Die" did indeed sound just like the original. Great performance overall.

Missed that concert, unfortunately
by sprack  (2024-04-16 13:49:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One of many I wish I hadn’t missed in my time at ND.

I can’t remember, was it really true they told him not to play “Only the Good Die Young”? Not that I doubt it for a second, but who was it specifically?

And what were they going to do, have him arrested?

The funny thing is that the song is really pretty mild compared to many other songs played by bands in those days at ND, but of course those songs didn’t contain the words “Catholic girls”. My God, they showed a completely uncut “Last Tango in Paris” in the Engineering Auditorium.

In that concert
by Taxman  (2024-04-16 10:09:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He also had a song during which he played every instrument in the band.

Thanks for the hot tip
by acrossdmiddle  (2024-04-16 08:18:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We’re going to see him at MSG in May. I’ve seen him here in Baltimore but I’ve heard he’s even better at MSG so I’m really excited about it.

Ive seen him twice at MSG
by DBCooper  (2024-04-16 08:33:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

put on a great show.

Surprisingly funny in between songs

I saw him in the 90s at MSG. Great show, but it was
by irishnyer  (2024-04-16 09:18:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

from a company skybox. Free, so i'm not really complaining!

Saw him at Jones Beach in 1992 and at the Rosemont
by Barrister  (2024-04-16 09:37:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Horizon in 1993. My parents went to the 1st MSG residency show and loved it.

He always puts on a good show.

Saw him at Wrigley a couple years back with D(now)26
by El Kabong  (2024-04-16 10:08:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Really enjoyed the show.