“They started the season with two tomato cans…”
by Otter (2024-03-31 08:05:13)

In reply to: Did anyone else think Quint was rooting overtly for Syr?  posted by Wolfetone

Yeah. I got that vibe too. Also was adamant that ND hadn’t put SU away even when up 5 goals in the 4th. I mean, it’s true but he seemed to be rooting.

Counterpoint: He thought Irish Against Michigan Was Best...
by dillon77  (2024-03-31 12:51:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...lacrosse he'd seen all season. Plus, when comparing Duke to ND, he didn't think Duke had matured as well as he'd expected, while ND -- with help from excellent transfers -- had.

That's Quint: equal air-time snide remarks here and there.
But he'll also give the good vibes when he thinks it's merited.

He has been very complimentary to the Irish
by Otter  (2024-04-01 09:28:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He has done great interviews with the Kav brothers. He usually gives us our due. And yes, he said the things you mentioned. But we will have to agree to disagree. I like Quint but it caught my ear, the same as the original poster.

It felt like he had something riding on the outcome. Maybe told some colleague that Cuse was good and they were gonna upset us. No idea, but it felt a bit tilted.

No Worries. We Heard It a Different way...
by dillon77  (2024-04-01 11:26:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

. As said, Quint can be an equal-employment zinger to my ears. Never get too comfortable.

The other area I find him lauding the Irish is that being a LI native, he's familiar with the pipelines into the Chaminade school and brings it up all the time.

- Carc, on the other hand, is a huge Irish admirer (esp. for a 'Cuse guy).