I don't know much bout lacrosse but
by ibleedgreen (2017-05-14 14:28:57)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Arlotta Stadium ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

why were we trying to score when we just could of eaten the clock.

Since we were losing the majority of face-off's it could of given Marq a chance?

Congrats on making 8 straight quarters!

I don't know much about anything
by RocketShark  (2017-05-15 13:19:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but I know a little about practically everything.

Part of it is the shot clock
by mikeybates  (2017-05-14 19:41:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The refs have discretion to put on a shot clock, and by taking shots you avoid it coming on.

True, but
by tf86  (2017-05-15 15:04:00)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Late in a game like yesterday, a shot clock coming on isn't necessarily a bad thing. If they give you a minute before imposing the shot clock, that still gives you at least a 1:30 possession provided you don't turn the ball over.

That said, I don't like the shot clock rule. I'm not usually a "blame the refs" person, but that rule gives the refs entirely too much discretion imho. Either have a shot clock or don't have one, but don't leave it up to the refs.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.