John Danowski Is Outperforming All of Them...
by dillon77 (2017-04-15 07:22:18)
Edited on 2017-04-15 07:26:55

In reply to: Which coach is outperforming Corrigan?  posted by Otter

...over the course of his career at Hofstra and Duke.

Being a native Long Islander, I'm well aware of his work with the then Flying Dutchmen. And given the enmity one has towards the four-letter word, it really pained me when he joined his son in Durham following the scandal down there because he was finally going to be able to get top tier talent to work with.

The starting point was, of course, the painful 4-3 OT loss, which stills sends a shiver down my sightlines (I was right behind our goal).

But what he does that is great is this...he molds each team to their talents and does not panic in early season. If they need more practice, do it. If an adjustment in personnel, make it. Patience. You bet. And never show up kids.

Result: Duke peaks in the playoffs, year in, year out.

Now, I'm not calling for Corrigan's outster...far from it. But I think I'd like to see a bit whole season approach factor into it. One suggestion: factor in some local games that perhaps are not top(pest) tier to let the kinks get worn out. Duke plays some local games like that and they're not necessarily easy, but he can work on them without worrying if the impact is going to send the Dookies down the national rankings.

(See Article Below)