Some nice trends from the game.
by Otter (2017-03-18 22:03:35)

Doss had 10 saves and looked very sharp. UVA went a man up, and he made a save. ND killed the penalty and UVA immediately went a man up again. Doss made another save. UVA stopped the clear and a third save finally gave the ball to ND. A great sequence momentum-wise.

Perkovic looked like Perkovic. Didn't force any shots, but when they put a 5'10 short stick on him, he bull rushed and whirled for quality shot and a goal. Scored 3 times on 4 shots.

Announcer said UVA was the highest scoring team in the NCAA coming into the game. Holding them to 10 goals while playing an extra 3 mins in OT works for me.

Ryder Garnsey is getting better and better. His shot making creativity is really cool to watch.
n
Garnsey gets the glory for the game winner, but Garrett Epple really won the game for ND. UVA basically ignored him on the clear and looked to double team the middie he looked to pass to. Instead, Epple ran past both UVA defenders (one of them dove at him and fell down) and created a 4 on 3 advantage for ND. He attacked the UVA goal and passed off to Garnsey for the game winner.

It's nerve racking to blow a 7-3 lead, but UVA is a good team getting better. It's a good ACC win.

Kraus- Virginia
by Domer65  (2017-03-19 13:23:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This freshman attack player was very impressive. He scored 5 goals and had two assists; two of the goals by beating Epple, an All American defenseman. Virginia has some outstanding freshmen, as we do. I expect Virginia to improve greatly if their freshman goalie can develop and improve. For now, their goalie is their Achilles heal. If their goal tending improves I expect them to do very well in the tournament.

This game illustrates the absurdity of the shot clock rules
by mikeybates  (2017-03-18 22:05:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They put it on for Denver with 27 seconds left in the 4th. They put it on for us with 57 seconds left in the 4th. I believe Denver actually possessed the ball for longer than we did, but the refs still held off on the shot clock, so that Denver could effectively take the last shot.

Either have a shot clock, or don't. Letting coaches lobby during crunch-time is crazy.

Yep *
by ShermanOaksND  (2017-03-19 13:41:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree
by brnd  (2017-03-19 06:38:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Start a +/- 75-second shot clock when a team crosses midfield.
Shot clock is too arbitrary.