Compare the number of baskets made v. # of goals scored.
by steelhop (2017-03-17 09:19:29)

In reply to: Would you like basketball to go back to a jump ball  posted by naptown

They are not the same sport.

Think of it this way. The guys without a good face-off player want to get eliminate face-off. It is "unfair" that the other team is better at something. See John Desko's quote in 2014 when Syracuse didn't. Now, compare his quotes in 2017 when he does have one.

I understand that
by naptown  (2017-03-19 10:27:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I know this is just a personal opinion. I just like the clearing/riding game more than face offs, and I'm not a fan of how much time there is in between a goal and the face off. I'd rather it have more flow. But I get it completely and don't anticipate that it will ever change.

Having coached girls/women's lacrosse at the high school and college level for 18 years now, I've had teams that were great at winning the draws and some that were terrible. I have been on both sides of that coin, but I still prefer to get rid of it. Just my opinion, and I know I'm in the minority.