This program is fabulous entertainment for four months / yr
by Otter (2016-05-23 12:55:38)
Edited on 2016-05-23 13:06:59

Lacrosse is a great sport. It attracts tough kids who enjoy playing the sport just to play it. They aren't looking to turn pro. They aren't getting a huge amount of financial gain, if any.

Our guys are a likeable bunch. If you doubt that, check out NDLax YouTube series, especially the ones where they did an "American Idol" style talent show on a long bus ride. They do it each year and it's hysterical.

I like the style we play. Tough defense is usually easier to count on in the clutch than spectacular offense. We have an identity. Other teams know it and often fear it. Of course, sometimes things go off the rails and they figure us out, or we have a crappy day.

We had an awful day against North Carolina and I was ready to beat my dog after that loss, as I had tickets to the Semifinals in Philly.

But Kevin Corrigan is as good as anyone out there, in my opinion. And if he left to coach Virginia, I think we'd regret that.

Bill Tierney is often held up as the top coach out there. What if Kavanaugh had scored in OT last year instead of turning the ball over? The story would have been Denver's collapse against ND. Then their early exit this year?

What if ND wins the faceoff against Duke and goes down to win it in 2010?

It's a fine line between a Championship and a choke job. I think ND will get a title soon.

Lacrosse strikes me as being similar to hockey where a hot goalie can make for an early exit. It's even worse because it is one and done in the playoffs.

I enjoyed the hell out of tuning in on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon and watching our matches. I'll miss it until next year.