Disagree on several items
by Ccndbound (2016-05-22 20:37:04)

In reply to: Corrigan  posted by Domer65

Tierney only has 1 NC with his Denver team in the last 4 years and they have as good or better talent than ND. He has elite level players on offense, a great FOGO and an under appreciated defense.

Could you make the case that Danowski and Tierney are better than Corrigan? Sure, I'll give you that. Anyone else? Desko? Corrigan has held his own against him. Tillman? ND is 3-1 in the last 3 years vs him.

Losing in the tourney sucks. Especially the way we did today. However, If my son was a D1 caliber lacrosse player, there isn't another coach or program I'd want him to play for more than Corrigan and ND.

Even though I'm considered a UVa Lax alum ...
by hoomanbeing  (2016-05-23 09:34:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'd have no problem whatsoever with having my son play for Shay at Yale or Tiffany at Brown.

I bet Shay is a candidate to replace Starsia. *
by vitadulcedospes  (2016-05-25 12:44:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His name is frequently mentioned on our board. *
by hoomanbeing  (2016-05-25 14:04:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Choices
by Domer65  (2016-05-23 07:00:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would have taken Tierney, although he is getting close to retirement. I personally would take Pressler, Desko,Tillman, Danowski and perhaps a few others over Corrigan. Don't forget all the NCs that Tierney and others have already won. Not saying Corrigan isn't good. It is just that the team all too frequently has lapses, commits uncalled for errors and lacks a cohesive offense. We score lots of goals on 20 foot shots while opponents are scoring from much closer. The team plays poorly in spurts and great in others. I attribute some of this to coaching. Corrigan is the Brey of Lacrosse. He is a good coach, fits the ND image, runs a clean program and can't win a NC. I will be very pleasantly surprised when this happens in lacrosse, men's basketball or football.

Our defense broke down yesterday
by flanner96  (2016-05-23 11:41:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...but teams have not been getting a ton of close in shots this year and that's why we've won games. Syracuse was consistently backing the ball out because they couldn't solve our defense. We limited Duke to 6 goals on the first game. The reason we've been so good is that our D typically pushes people out so they are taking shots that are easy for our goalie to see.

Our D played a shitty game yesterday. Even Navy's goalie, who played out of his ever-loving mind Saturday, couldn't stop everything.

You can complain about our offensive flow or lack there of. But defense has been the least of our worries for oh, the last dozen years. If not longer.

North Carolina broke down our defense.
by Domer65  (2016-05-23 13:30:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They scouted us well, had a game plan, knew our weaknesses, defended well, had a good goalie performance and appeared to be a step faster. Yes, we lost the game but we were beaten by a team that was better yesterday and better the last time we played them. I would have hoped that after being embarrassed in the 4th quarter of the last game we played them, that we would be out for revenge. It didn't appear that we were. Enough lacrosse for 2016.
Be back next year.

Corrigan is 3-1 vs Tilman recently
by Ccndbound  (2016-05-23 09:34:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He has played even with Desko (kicked his ass this year). Danowski is probably better.

I'll take who we have, thanks