Disagree.
by Porpoiseboy (2016-04-24 22:52:21)

In reply to: It is the way the team lost that is troubling.. *  posted by jersey44

I didn't see a second of the game, but I'll be with flanner96 on my outlook. The way we lost the game is the exact same way we beat Denver (let's assume we made our last attempt in regulation, thereby giving us the win - I know that did not happen).

Do any of you NOT THINK Denver looks like our most formidable rival for the trophy? I'm not putting any carts before horses - I know there are a thousand things that can happen. I'm just trying to provide the same context as flanner96.

You can't look at the Denver game and the UNC game and come up with two drastically different views of the world of us and Denver.

So if you really DO THINK the sky is falling, that also means you think Denver is completely fucked as well.

I don't think Denver or ND is fucked.

It's a game, it's a competition, it was against a damned good program, we had the game in hand (14-9), yet it slipped away. You can shit your pants and say IT WAS THE WAY... if you want, but that proves to be true as often as not. Had we lost star players, it might make sense to think we're fucked. If the Dubs have lost Curry, they might be fucked. However, the way we lost does not have to be any sort of harbinger whatsoever. We'll see if it is only after the season is complete.