Syracuse/UNC will be an interesting game today
by flanner96 (2016-04-16 11:58:05)

This is almost a must-win game for Syracuse. If they lose, I think they might have to win the ACC tourney to get in.

Syracuse won 13-7 *
by ShermanOaksND  (2016-04-16 21:50:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And Duke whipped Virginia 14-8
by ShermanOaksND  (2016-04-17 18:15:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Consequently, Virginia, who finished 0-4 in the ACC, will miss the conference tournament and will play Brown on the Saturday between the semis and championship game. The ND-UNC winner will be the top seed.

ACC tourney matchups already set
by tf86  (2016-04-17 21:52:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Regardless of the outcome of the ND-UNC matchup, we'll play Duke and UNC will play Syracuse. Seeding, however, will vary significantly depending on the outcome.

If ND wins:

1. ND 4-0
2. Syracuse 2-2
3. UNC 2-2
4. Duke 2-2

In this scenario, there is a 3-way tie. The three teams involved each will have split with the orher two and lost to ND, so the first two tiebreakers are out. The third tiebreaker is goals allowed (note, not goal differential) in games between the tied teams. Syracuse wins this tiebreaker, followed by UNC, then Duke.

If UNC wins:

1. UNC 3-1
2. ND 3-1
3. Duke 2-2
4. Syracuse 2-2

Two 2-way ties broken by head-to-head.

In any event, even if the UNC game doesn't mean much from the perspective of the ACC tournament, I'm sure it means a lot from the perspective of NCAA tournament seeding.

There is no doubt UVA fans are growing tired of Dom *
by steelhop  (2016-04-17 18:41:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Most are past the "growing" stage.
by hoomanbeing  (2016-04-18 13:10:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There will always be hold-outs, but most everyone wants a change. It's easy to see that's true when looking at TheSabre's lacrosse board. How and when do you tell someone who has done as much as Dom has done for us that it's time for a change? For a lot of folks it's "At the end of last year," but they're not the AD.

I was trying to be diplomatic. His contract is up at the
by steelhop  (2016-04-18 14:05:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

end of December which I think means he is going to be shuffled upstairs to an admin position and be replaced. The question will be who is going to replace him.

I would have thought it might be Corrigan...there is no question he was interested in the past but not sure UVA doesn't want someone out side the Corrigan family or someone younger. I was thinking Pressler might be a good fit but he's in his mid-50s. Wouldn't shock me if UVA went back up to Brown to get their next HC again...it worked last time when they got Dom.

Hasn't there been scuttle associated with Corrigan's name?
by Domer99  (2016-04-18 13:58:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or am I misremembering? Feels like there were rumors either last year or 2 years ago about whether Corrigan would stick around. But can't recall any of the specifics.

Corrigan was mentioned for a while on our board, but ...
by hoomanbeing  (2016-04-18 23:32:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it seems like most folks speculate that if there is a move it would most likely be DeLuca formerly of Cornell, Shay from Yale, Tiffany from Brown, or Toomey from Loyola. I have less than zero idea who would be the most likely candidate. I imagine it would be a more difficult decision for the latter 3 than it would be for DeLuca. Byrne was also mentioned but many folks think it's unlikely he'd want to leave ND.