Men's schedule officially published.
by G.K.Chesterton (2016-01-20 16:54:50)
Edited on 2016-01-20 16:57:09

Possibly no surprises because of intrepid folks down below. I was not aware we have played OSU every year since 1981.

NOTRE DAME OPPONENTS - PRESEASON RANKINGS

No. 2 - Denver
No. 3 - Duke
No. 4 - Maryland
No. 5 – North Carolina
No. 7 – Virginia
No. 8 – Syracuse
No. 13 – Ohio State
No. 16 – Marquette
No. 18 – Georgetown

Misspelled Bellarmine
by Ditka03  (2016-02-01 12:55:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Amateur hour graphic by the athletic department

I wasn't aware of that either
by tf86  (2016-01-22 10:39:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was aware that ND and tOSU were former lacrosse conference members as part of the Great Western Lacrosse League, and of course, would have played each other on an annual basis during that time. ND left when the Big East added men's lacrosse, with the other members (Air Force, Bellarmine, Denver, tOSU and Quinnipiac) all finding other homes thereafter.

The ECAC previously had been home to a number of Big East lacrosse programs, and replaced those teams with many of the teams from the GWLL.

Correction re: Pacific Shootout event
by ocdomer78  (2016-01-21 17:43:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The March 5 match with Maryland is in Costa Mesa in Orange County, not in Los Angeles.

The Orange County Club will have information and ticket sales at www.ndcoc.com . We are currently working on some details before we post anything specific.

There's also a discrepancy in the Army game date
by ShermanOaksND  (2016-01-22 10:58:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Army has it listed as May 7, while ND has it listed as May 8. My guess is that they agreed to move it to Sunday, May 8, as ND will be in final exams from May 2-6.

Also avoids conflict with the Kentucky Derby. 8^)
by G.K.Chesterton  (2016-01-22 13:36:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The NFL draft is actually the prior weekend in Chicago - I thought there was going to be an overlap there.