ND-Georgetown as part of Atlanta Triple Header---Feb 20th
by orangeparkirish (2015-12-08 18:17:59)
Edited on 2015-12-08 18:19:39

playing at Fifth Third Bank Stadium on campus of Kennesaw State University in Cobb County, GA.

Gametime is set for 11:30am Notre Dame v Georgetown Sat Feb 20th

Denver-Duke, ND-Georgetown Highlight Atlanta Tripleheader

Final Four participant Notre Dame takes on Georgetown, as a part of a tripleheader event.

The Pioneers-Blue Devils tilt will start at 2 p.m. on Feb. 20, and be proceeded by Notre Dame-Georgetown at 11:30 a.m. and Hobart-Siena at 9 a.m. on the campus of Kennesaw State University. The venue has hosted multiple Major League Lacrosse games, including the last two championships and will serve as the home field for the league's expansion Atlanta Blaze.

Some other ND games on schedule (possibly complete now)
by ShermanOaksND  (2015-12-10 23:50:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There may be 1 or 2 OOC dates to be filled in. We will not play Michigan or Penn State this year. (UPDATE: Syracuse and Duke just released their schedules this week. ND is the only ACC school not to have done so.)

Sat, Jan. 30 (Exhibition) - AIR FORCE (noon)

Sat, Feb. 20 - vs. Georgetown (Kennesaw, GA) (12:30 pm)
Wed, Feb 24 - BELLARMINE (time TBA)
Sat, Feb 27 - DETROIT (time TBA)
Sat, Mar 5 - vs. Maryland (Costa Mesa, CA) (5 pm PT)
Sun, Mar 13 - DENVER (5 pm)
Sat, Mar 19 - VIRGINIA (6 pm)
Sat, Mar 26 - @ Ohio State (1 pm)
Sat, Apr 2 - @ Syracuse (5 pm)
Sun, Apr 10 - DUKE (noon)
Wed, Apr 13 - MARQUETTE (4 pm)
Sat, Apr 23 - @ North Carolina (noon)
Fri, Apr 29 - ACC Tournament (Kennesaw, GA)
Sun, May 1 - ACC Tournament (Kennesaw, GA)
Sat, May 7 - ARMY (time TBD)

I thought we typically played 13 games
by tf86  (2015-12-24 04:04:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's 12 plus the ACC tournament, although it's possible I've been counting the conference tourney matchups toward that total.

Last year it was only 11 + the ACCT
by ShermanOaksND  (2015-12-24 10:53:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The number has fluctuated over the years. But overall, ND seems to play fewer regular season games than most other schools.

What a dumb place to host their conference tournament
by steelhop  (2015-12-21 15:58:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I get trying to expand the game but that just smells of having a poor crowd and it isn't even being hosted by a member school? The closest participating school would be Duke or UNC

One year that had it at DisneyWorld.
by hoomanbeing  (2016-01-27 22:48:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

BTW Brown plays #5 this year.

Last year it was in Chester, PA
by tf86  (2015-12-24 04:00:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No host school either, and after Maryland left, Syracuse was probably the closest member to the site. I suppose it was better for the fifth place team, however, in at least they had Penn available for an OOC matchup in lieu of a tournament game.

I know it was dumb there too even with the Penn
by steelhop  (2016-01-08 14:52:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

match-up.

They went to Chester to screw over the Twerps.
by hoomanbeing  (2016-01-27 22:59:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The first year it was there (2014) was the Twerps turn to host the tournament, just before they left on July 1. The ACC Front Office didn't want to "reward" their leaving for the B1G by letting them host. I'm very surprised that they went to Kennesaw rather than starting up the rotation again by letting Cuse and ND host.

Wow, that's a really compressed schedul
by tf86  (2015-12-12 19:44:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Looks like we'll be trying to fit 13 games into about 8 weeks or so, unless the season starts earlier than February 20.

Thank you so much for posting the 2016 schedule
by orangeparkirish  (2015-12-11 13:39:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

many fans, various alumni, former teammates and friends continue to inquire about the 2016 ND Lacrosse schedule

Go Irish!

und.com still hasn't posted the full schedule
by ShermanOaksND  (2015-12-11 17:01:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nor have Syracuse or Duke. I pulled almost all of the games from opponents' websites. The Maryland match in Orange County was mentioned here and in media accounts, but Maryland's schedule isn't up yet, either.

I think last year's ND schedule wasn't posted until December 22 or thereabouts.

impressive detective work
by orangeparkirish  (2015-12-12 15:34:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Based on last year's schedule it looks like the Duke game will be played at Arlotta
and the Syracuse game will be played in the Carrier Dome