I find the whole we kind of have a shot clock thing to be
by Carlos Huerta (2015-05-24 08:36:08)

In reply to: Thoughts from Lincoln Financial field  posted by Otter

the main reason I don't really enjoy lacrosse. Getting the ball back after you shoot it out of bounds, even if it goes out on the sideline ranks up there as well. Yesterday was an exception because the stakes were high and I had a rooting interest but I have no interest in watching any of the championship game.

Lacrosse was played on a wide open field
by okerland  (2015-05-25 15:11:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

when it was invented. There may not have been an out of bounds.

because we don't have many fields like that, they've reward the person closest to the ball when it goes long.

Women's lacrosse used to be whoever threw it out of bounds got the ball, so teams would throw from one endline to another.

As I understand it, among the Iroquois
by tf86  (2015-12-30 01:31:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lacrosse was a substitute for war. The playing fields were literally miles long.

I'll admit that lacrosse is something of an acquired taste, if only because there is a substantial playing area behind the goals. That takes some getting used to when one has grown up knowing primarily football, basketball, baseball, hockey and soccer.

Shot clock may not be ideal, but shot possession rule
by Ccndbound  (2015-05-24 09:06:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Makes complete sense. You have to have a way to encourage the offense to shoot and make it possible/probable that they can retain possession even if they miss the cage. Without that rule, players would be reluctant to shoot and the game would become much slower.

MLL rules are actually quite different
by tf86  (2015-12-30 01:35:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One minute shot clock beginning when a team gets possession in its own defensive end. Also a two-point shot rule for a shot from more than 35 feet away (I could be slightly off on the distance)